Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Home Automation / Home Assistant automation?

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But in this case you end up with a much more convenient
result with the best stuff with no real effort at all.

Are you using the Hue system to do all the controlling?

Not all, I use the Eve Energy switch for some things,
just because Hue didn't have one for a while.

I have everything completely automated now and have no
physical switches used at all and its much more convenient.

We already had quite a few things automated

I did too with the X10 system. Don't use that anymore.

but via individual sensors (Dusk/Dawn, movement,
time switches) but the whole HA thing means all
that's easier to manage and tweak.

And much easier to use with alexa
and the google home devices and siri.

Like, the Dusk/dawn lamps really needed to be outside or
at least in good outdoor levels of light to in the front hall
would often stay on all day when it was overcast. Now it
goes on / off as expected, irrespective of the light levels

Yeah I do that on time now with automatic time of day
adjustment and completely automatic daylight saving etc.

(although I'm hoping to expand on that via HA over the Lidl app).

It looks like Theo's pointers seem to have worked and HA
has turned on a Smart Switch at Sunset as automated. ;-)

As an aside, I measured the power consumption of a Lidl
Smart Switch and it was off it drew nothing (measurable
by the power plug thing anyway) and .6W when on.