Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Home Automation / Home Assistant automation?

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 03:07:45 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

But in this case you end up with a much more convenient
result with the best stuff with no real effort at all.

Are you using the Hue system to do all the controlling?

I have
everything completely automated now and have no
physical switches used at all and its much more convenient.

We already had quite a few things automated but via individual sensors
(Dusk/Dawn, movement, time switches) but the whole HA thing means all
that's easier to manage and tweak.

Like, the Dusk/dawn lamps really needed to be outside or at least in
good outdoor levels of light to in the front hall would often stay on
all day when it was overcast. Now it goes on / off as expected,
irrespective of the light levels (although I'm hoping to expand on
that via HA over the Lidl app).

It looks like Theo's pointers seem to have worked and HA has turned on
a Smart Switch at Sunset as automated. ;-)

As an aside, I measured the power consumption of a Lidl Smart Switch
and it was off it drew nothing (measurable by the power plug thing
anyway) and .6W when on.

Cheers, T i m