Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default Shortages and rationing

In article ,
Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:
On 21/12/2020 08:53, Stephen Cole wrote:
jim.gm4dhj wrote:
Shortages and rationing coming our way.....panic buy now ! ..... this
time we need to ...... I've done mine freezers are full ..... this is
the big one.....

Sunlit uplands!

There‘s definitely some kind of cosmic justice going on here, that a
pandemic is running wild on us just as we‘re severing the secure links we
spent decades building with our neighbours. Still, blue passports, eh?

Looking forward to seeing Kent gridlocked from about this afternoon when
people start hitting the supermarkets in a panic for Christmas food and bog
roll.

WE should just declare war on France!

there is plenty of british grown food, if only the supermarkets would
buy british not french/spanish/italian vegetables and supplies.

Is that what you mean by 'taking back control? Control what vegetables etc
the UK public can buy?

The UK isn't self sufficient. It exists in its current form by trading
with others - goods and services.

If everyone world wide decided only to buy locally produced goods, etc,
we'd be in a worse mess than now.

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW