Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Car key fob.

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:18:18 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

One of my remote (Jaguar) key fobs was intermittent and then stopped
altogether. I tried bending the battery contacts, but to no avail. The
least cost option I could find was to send the whole unit to these guys

https://www.automobilelocksmith.co.uk/

With same date recorded postage it ended up at nearly £70. Marshall's
Cambridge wanted £140 + to even LOOK at it.

I sent it Friday pm. It came back today. It works. What more can I say.

Book mark these guys if you have remote key fobs...

Timpson's did me a new (not repaired) Ford fob for around £20 a couple of
years back. OK, it wasn't a "genuine" Ford key but it looked and smelt the
same, and worked just as well as the original.