Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Firefox annoyance

On 21/12/2020 16:46, Tim Streater wrote:
On 21 Dec 2020 at 15:54:52 GMT, Andy Burns wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

php is server side code and its bad coding if it pumps errors to the
screen.

It's also bad practice to make a phpinfo() page accessible to the world,
especially when it shows you're running an ancient version of PHP and
have iffy options like register_globals turned on ...

Oops. That's *really* old.

I cant even remember what they are...Oh. automatic assigned of GET
variables. Well yes, its a bit - er - global.

But provided you initialise all the variables you are using internally,
then you cant use it to override internal variables.

I still use something deprecated - short tags and magic quotes I
think... simply because I always have, from when they were defaults.

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain