Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
jim stewart jim stewart is offline

Default Shortages and rationing

On 21/12/2020 14:07, newshound wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* alan_m wrote:
On 21/12/2020 06:52, jim.gm4dhj wrote:
Shortages and rationing coming our way.....panic buy now ! ..... this
time we need to ...... I've done mine freezers are full ..... this is
the big one.....

I read a few warnings to the farming communities about not taking
certain livestock to market today because it was likely that there would
be very low prices because exporters wouldn't be buying. It was expected
that the rest of Europe may impose travel and trucking bans and to/from
the UK in an effort to stop the spread of the new variant of the virus.

Must admit to wondering how political this is. Is this 'new' version of
Covid really just in the UK - or have we just noticed it before others?

But of course limiting movement of anything and everything is likely to
help contain the virus.

FWIW I think "Cancel Christmas" was just another government panic
recognising that there would be a post holiday spike so that now they
can say "we did something, it would have been worse".

More intriguing is whether the French 48 hour ban is actually just a
Brexit curve-ball, "See what no-deal will be like" to encourage a U turn
on fish. Not from the EU, just the French being typically bloody minded.
(And I like the French).

but the French don't like you ....