Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Modifications to Porter Cable Dovetail Jig for consistent results

On 12/21/2020 10:06 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/20/2020 7:45 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 17:42:28 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

Snip

All of them with the final coat of varnish.Â* Next and last step, felt on
the inside bottoms.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

That's a lot of inlays.Â* That seems to scream *origin*.Â* Do you resaw
the inlays from the wood of the alternate boxes?

So basically my design is to make a 5.75"x5.75" out of a 12" 1x8.Â* This
takes care of all 4 sides and a thin veneer to glue to the top and
bottom pieces of plywood.

I resaw the 1x8, to 9/16" and that leaves me a thin veneer.

I did not really answer your question. ;~)

The "inlays were cut from a single piece of scrap that required no glue
up for the proper size. I carved, with the Origin, several on both
sides and then resawed them out on both sides.

First,

So the pattern is shown over the piece of wood. You import the shape
and tell it to cut along the out side of the shape line/perimeter, for
the inlay piece.

Second,

For the pocket to receive the inlay you again import the design or copy
the precious design to a different location, in this case a contrasting
piece of wood. Place the starting point with a touch of a button and
then tell Origin to cut to the inside of the line of the shape and once
outlined you tell Origin to make a pocket cut which removes the
remainder of the wood, free hand.

And FWIW all cutting with the Origin, regardless of what you are doing
is watched/and guided, by watching the screen. It shows you every where
that you need to cut, what direction to cut, and also shows you what has
been previously cut, real time/instantly. You never watch the bit.

Something my customers have been asking for.Â* Easily done with the
Origin.Â* This is done on 11 of the 13 boxes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

Your company name?

Yes, for almost 25 years.Â* More of a formality to keep the government
happy.Â* It has never been a living but pays for my equipment multiple
times over.