Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting Incompatibility?

On 21/12/2020 15:07, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Lighting/L1_Regs/Lumen_Complies.htm
typical LED 806 lumen lamp under 7 watts

I'd say that's a "no"

Actually if you look carefully fluoros are in the 60-70l/

yep

With LEDS in the 50-60l/W range

plenty in the shops over 100l/W including the example I gave from
philips, I notice from replacements that the 806 lumen flavour have
reduced by a fraction of a watt in the last few years

And plenty of fluoros claim 85l/W

so the fluoros have a slight edge, but its not worth getting excited
about - lighting perception is logarithmic and you wont notice the
difference.

"Lumen is a measure of overall output, and is a scalar quantity, since
it is effectively integrated luminosity. Perceived brightness is a
physiological function, and is (like all physiological functions) a
logarithmic value."

So really it hardly makes a difference

the takeaway condensed version is 'decent fluoro tubes are as bright as
LEDs watt for watt'

So that is not a particularly salient issue when deciding which to buy

--
€œIt is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.€

ۥ Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV