Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting Incompatibility?

On 21/12/2020 15:01, NY wrote:
On 20/12/2020 23:11, Andy Burns wrote:
Cursitor Doom wrote:

LEDs less efficient than fluoro?? Are we being lied to by TPTB
about that as well?

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Lighting/L1_Regs/Lumen_Complies.htm
typical LED 806 lumen lamp under 7 watts

I'd say that's a "no"

Actually if you look carefully fluoros are in the 60-70l/With LEDS in
the 50-60l/W range so the fluoros have a slight edge, but its not
worth getting excited about - lighting perception is logarithmic and
you wont notice the difference.

I'm surprised that it's that way round. I thought the whole advantage of
LEDs was that they had higher l/W that fluorescent (and *much* higher
than tungsten!). I've learned something!

No, I've always had it in my head that fluoros were the most efficient
of all, but were unpleasant. And LEDS were knocking on the door.

And that seems to still be the case. Just

But the difference now is not worth the problems of fluoros.
And CFLs were a legislation-driven piece of GreenCrap„¢.

Next stage is probably OLED panels like those TV backlighting panels.

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius