Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Replaced Ice Maker How Long For It To Produce Ice?

On 12/19/2020 3:34 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 10:27:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/19/2020 8:30 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 19 Dec 2020 06:35:02 +0000, Shana
wrote:

Hi, I just had a new ice maker installed yesterday. Not getting water. Today I had plumber and he showed me the valve was bad. He replaced it with a new one. That was half hour ago so Im waiting for that lovely kerplunk sound. 267.00 later. I must reeeaaaaly hate ice cube trays.

What does 267.00 later mean?

Ice takes several hours to make.

$267.00 What she spent to fix it.

$40 part, $227 labor.

Sounds about right , and that's why I do all my own repairs . Only
thing I won't (usually) work on is an automatic transmission .
To the OP (if he/she's still around) throw the first 3 or 4 trays of
ice out . Likely to have crud in it .
--
Snag