Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Kinetic door bell"

In article ,
JohnP wrote:

Was thinking about doorbells yesterday after going to someone's house
and resorting to knocking on the window when the door wasn't answered.
"Aw, it hasn't worked for a year or so" Wasn the pathetic response.

I decided I would like one of thos olde worlde pull handles outside -
but when pulled it would sound a very loud "Rat a Tat Tat" from a
speaker near the door pull. the thought amused me.

I fitted wired bells running off a transformer some 40 years ago. With an
illuminated push which goes out when you ring the bell - which you can
hear from outside anyway.

Sometimes, old is better than high tech.

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.