Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Hand cranked Rawdrill

On 20/12/2020 19:14, Jim Jackson wrote:
On 2020-12-20, Harry Bloomfield Esq wrote:
Brian G formulated on Sunday :
How can that work, though many moons ago a tomorrows world item featured a
spun up flywheel powered dril which i thought at the time a completely
pointless invention.

They cannot have been that effective, because I never came across one.
I began in industry, when Rawdrill bits, holders, stardrills and a lump
hammer was the only way to drill a hole for a fixing. All on the verge
of electric hammer drills being introduced, which reduced the feeling
of Popeye arm muscles from all the hammering.

Warm Grit moment - I remember as a spotty yoof using said lump hammer
and rawldrill and holder drilling into the bl**dy engineering bricks
that our council house was made of. Dad thought it was character
building!!!!

I remember star drills and 'jumpers'. More than once I've made a hole
with a chisel rotating it every hammer blow.

Isn't DIY so easy these days.