Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?

On 20/12/2020 08:58, Andy Burns wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

There are quite a range of Mak tools that take that 10.8V platform:

https://www.lawson-his.co.uk/catalog...makita%2010.8v

Yes, for the "slide-on" 10.8V battery, what has more or less been
discontinued now are the tools that take a cylindrical/triangular
"shove-in" 10.8V battery, e.g.

https://cromwell.co.uk/shop/p/p/p/p/MAK2756693M

Yup, I have almost that exact set - except mine has the combi version of
the drill[1] and it came in a fabric carry case. I have a small recip
saw that takes the same battery. One slight annoyance is that they only
do 1.3Ah batts for it. Probably worth recelling them with higher
capacity cells when the time comes.

[1] One slight flaw with the combi is the built in work light LED. Since
the function select collar adds a small amount of extra length, the
chuck ends up casting a shadow at the end of the drill bit.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...AndSpacing.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.