Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Keep taking the tablets

On 18/12/2020 14:26, John Rumm wrote:

I remember working on a prototype CPU card that someone had wired up
with Dagewire - It was an enamelled copper wire based prototype system
that used little IDC terminals on the bottom of a matrix board. It was
fine at first, until you had to make changes, and it becomes
progressively less reliable with time! It made doing hardware software
integration fun as you always had to work out if the software is wrong,
the hardware design wrong, the build wrong, or do you just have yet
another loose connection!

(vero wire would have probably been better!)

Fond memories of long nights of solderless wire wrapping, 8 bit DIL CPUs
on verocards. 6809 style. Don't believe anyone does that anymore

For giggles I have a few 486SX25 CPUs stashed. I've wondered if I should
dig out the gear and wire something up for old times sake of seeing
homebrewed clock cycles again.

--
Adrian C