Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall wart interference

On 19/12/2020 09:29, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well the point is that if it was fulfilled by another company, then they
have a different process, but all of these came in one parcel from Amazon.
I'm more interested in finding a good replacement. Of course the average
user would not even realise that this was an issue unless they used one to
power an am radio of some sort I guess.
Brian

Even Sony are not immune from that aort of mistake. I have a world band
radio of theirs and it's official mains adapter generated enough
interference to jam it on certain more sensitive long distance SW bands.
A clamp on ferrite at each end of the cable made a big difference to it.

A wall wart from the likes or Rapid or RS will cost more but might be a
better bet if you care about RF interference. Ask radio hams for
recommended model numbers - they are not all created equal.

WOrst one I have seen in a long time was the DC supply for a friends BT
answerphone base station which was jamming all mobile phone signals.
This only became obvious when it was replaced and the mobile phone
signal magically improved at the instant power was removed.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown