Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?

DJC wrote:
On 18/12/2020 11:03, Chris Green wrote:
PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:07:46 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

I have been vaguely looking for a second combi-drill/impact-driver set
to complement my existing Titan 10.8v pair which I love.

I have a pair of 10.8V drill/drivers (handy avoid keep having to swap
pilot drill/countersink and screwdriver bits)

Even at the time I got them, it seemed 10.8V was being phased-out for
14V/18V

Bosch 10.8V are now 12V but can be used with the 10.8V battery.

But if you use a 10.8v battery is it a neat 'seamless' handle?

Yes.

The 12v is the same voltage as the 10.8v they have just changed the name

Yes, it's just a /marketing thing really. I bought a '12V' realcement battery
and it is exactly the same as my original 10.8v battery

https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/blo...-10-8v-to-12v/.

I've got a Blue bosch 10.8/12v drill/driver + impact driver set and they are
great, as you say, really handy and suprisingly verstile for thier size. My go
to ones for most jobs.

These I think (though bought in a different set)

https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/bos...ies-06019a6979