Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?

In article ,
DJC wrote:
On 18/12/2020 15:29, Chris Green wrote:
GB wrote:
On 18/12/2020 09:34, Chris Green wrote:
I have been vaguely looking for a second combi-drill/impact-driver set
to complement my existing Titan 10.8v pair which I love.

However no one (well neither Screwfix nor Toolstation) now seem to
have anything vaguely similar, there's not a single drill that doesn't
have a bulky sticking-out battery on the end of the handle.

The whole beauty of my 10.8v Titans is that the handle and battery are
all the same diameter. They are perfectly capable of driving all the
screws (up to 6mm) that I want to drive and with one spare battery can
keep up well with my use.

I think everyone has gone power mad! I don't need battery capacity
sufficient for a serious SDS drill, I just get my old mains powered
one if I need that. The portability and 'ease in the hand' of my
10.8v drills is what makes them so good for me.

I don't really understand the question. What's wrong with this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-GSB-1.../dp/B01N4PT3ST

Nothing, but Toolstation and Screwfix haven't anything like it. It
seems that Bosch are it.

Some of the Lidl offering seem to be based on the Bosch design.

Be nice to know where all the various Lidl tools originate from.

I got a real oddity from them. It's basically a circle cutter for wood - a
small router and guides. It cuts smaller holes than my conventional router
will manage, so I've found it very useful for loudspeaker cut-outs. But
the bits are all imperial sized rather than metric, suggesting it
originated from something for the US market. Dremel supply bits that fit,
but are rather pricey.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.