Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_6_] Cursitor Doom[_6_] is offline

Default Lighting Incompatibility?

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 04:24:58 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Worse. I have weird interactions between dimmers, banks of LEDS and
incandescents..where dimming one bank starts another bank flickering.
I conclude there is some sort of HF hash being put out...

Oh! Well, if it can happen to YOU it can happen to the best of us, I
guess. I suppose it's time to bite the bullet and dump ALL the
remaining tubes and embrace greener tech for once! The old fluos
turned out to be 2400mm long - much longer than the 6' they'd appeared
from floor level. Perhaps maintaining a discharge over that distance
is a more precarious undertaking than with the more common, shorter
tube lengths usually encountered.:-/