Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lighting Incompatibility?

On 18/12/2020 20:20, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Gentlemen,

Is there some reason why one cannot have flourescent tubes and LED
floodlamps running off a common supply? I have found that when
paralelling up the LED floodlamps with flouro tubes, the tubes no
longer work; don't even try to start-up, despite the fact that have
full mains voltage connected to them. The LEDs OTOH, are totally fine.
Anyone else had this experience?

Worse. I have weird interactions between dimmers, banks of LEDS and
incandescents..where dimming one bank starts another bank flickering.
I conclude there is some sort of HF hash being put out...

Lucas Bergkamp