Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall wart interference

OK so I bought my usual wall warts from Amazon, the sort you plug usb
devices in to power them, Unlike usual though these little monsters kick out
an incredible amount of rfi on frequencies from long wave to almost 24mhz a
kind of grating sawtooth modulated by 50 hz.
You cannot get inside, but I'd suggest they have no suppression whatsoever.
They still work of course charge up phones power battery chargers and power
little gadgets.
So I wonder if Amazon would refund me for them?
This then leaves me with another issue, I need two or maybe three that do
not have this added feature of radio jammer under load. I have tested one
from Apple which came with my phone, (but are no longer supplied with
phones), and there is really no sign of interference, so it is possible.
I guess I could buy from Apple and hope their standards are still high, or
if anyone knows of a good source for non interfering ones I'm all ears.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!