Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Keep taking the tablets

On 18/12/2020 11:22, Andy Burns wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/..._serial_to_USB

My wacom is a USB version, but same as you discovered, using a tablet
didn't turn me from a scrawler into an artist, so it sits in the bottom
of a drawer somewhere.

I've got an old Wacom Bamboo tablet which I used to use with my XP
desktop. Unfortunately, I changed to a laptop in 2009, and, like yours,
the Wacom remains disused in a cupboard.

Now if John wants to work out how to use the Wacom's stylus with my
laptop's touchpad, I'm all ears. And I'm all sticky fingers too, as when
I dug the stylus out of the bag it's been in for 8 years the whole
surface was gooey and sticky. Some isopropanol removed it.

--

Jeff