KLM

Default HVAC Dilemma

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:01:03 -0500, Hell Toupee
wrote:

Is there anything I can do to make this job more appealing to a
quality HVAC contractor? I don't want to hide the fact that this is
a 'this old house' replacement program deal from a prospective
contractor, but I'm floored at the difference it makes in how my
proposal is being handled.

Should I call a company and offer to pay
for a proper proposal?

I almost missed your last statement. Lets say you get the contractor
to quote it as a straight replacement job. Then get the program
agency to counter offer whatever they think it is worth. Pay the
contractor the program's approved amount to get your program paperwork
through. Pay the contractor the balance he asked for off-book. If
this is not illegal then it might help you get your subsidy and the
contractor his real worth.