Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Car battery 12.1v

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:53:23 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Some if they are off a building site or a repairman who is

attending
several calls may be taking the opportunity to top up the

batteries of
Cordless tools ,most of the well known tool makes like Makita make

chargers that work off the vehicle accessory socket.

Sorry, I simply don't believe every van running its engine when parked
up like this has a good reason to do so.

No one said it was a good reason. B-) If I was doing that I'd have
an aux battery for the chargers to avoid them accidentally being left
on and flatening the vehicle battery.

I would think many such van drivers dont own or lease the van and could
add such things to an employers vehicle even if they had the technical
ability .
Some employers mind really penny pinch , I knew my tenure with a firm I got
tuped to was going to be short when I saw the state of the vehicles their
existing employees were saddled with, one afternoon
I was contacted and told come back to the yard and collect the spare
wheel and take it to Peter as he has a puncture. Peter was a round trip
of 120 miles away on top of what I already had to do ,
THE spare wheel I asked? oh yes we only have the one. The tight owner of
the firm
never replaced tyres until they had just gone illegal and had the spare
wheels of all the fleet removed to be used rather than pay for new tyres.

GH