Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Burke[_3_] Peter Burke[_3_] is offline

Default One for Adam!

Andy Burns wrote in
:

Peter Burke wrote:

Any view on the quality of the FuseBox brand of CUs fitted as
replacement in the second vid

They seem to be a relative newcomer (unless CP Electric have been
around under their own name for years?)

CU change & rewire is on the way here shortly hence why I am asking. Hager
would be lovely but cost not really justifiable, BG phaps a bit too cheap.

They look reasonable, but the only reason I've noticed them is that
several sparkys on youtube seem to have been supplied with them FoC
for demo/promo purposes ...

Some discussion about them on the IET forums (I think it was) and there
was some concern about the whether the new company would last, leading to
support/spares issues. A main distibutor stepped in and supported the
company, MD (personally known), quality and value for money suggesting that
the nay sayers would regret not taking them up whilst they were on value
pricing.

The installation using one on the fire replacement vid up thread made it
look good, roomy and easy to configure but the guy was an obvious pro and I
am not. He was doing a full RCBO install as will I.