Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery 12.1v

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 00:24:37 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What key? What ignition switch? All I've got is a start/stop push
button.
If you want to listen to the radio without it timing out you

either
have to have the car fully powered up and engine not running (but

expect that times out after a while) or have the engine running.

Does the average van have this, though? Perhaps some do.

Well the car is nearly 6 1/2 years old, I'd expect a van under 3
years (so it doesn't need an MOT(?)) would have "caught up". After
all a push button and bit of electronics will be cheaper than a
mechanically complex key/lock and castings to hold them and assembly
time to fit...

--
Cheers
Dave.