Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery 12.1v

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I think it *is* a good idea if all engines are cut off if left idling
for say 5 mins or more (unless in 'engineering mode') to stop all
those who park up, leave their headlights on and sit there talking /
eating for 20 mins with the engine running. ;-(

My local medium sized Tesco has a decent sized car park. And not busy
during the day week times. Why I use it - in better times.
As such it is popular with van drivers to have their lunch in - a meal
deal from the store, etc.
And they near all have their engines running. Perhaps understandable if
cold for the heater. But this happens at all times of the year.

Of course the majority don't pay for the fuel used. But I still don't
understand why you'd want a noisy diesel idling while you eat your lunch.

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.