Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery 12.1v

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 20:41:30 +0000, alan_m wrote:

I believe that stop/start is inhibited not only on low battery charge
but also on the outside temperature being too high or too low, low
engine temperature, heater and AC usage, heated windscreen usage, and
maybe time since engine start.

The stop/start on mine doesn't operate if the air temp is much below
7 C (which at this time of year around here is most of the time). It
doesn't operate until the engine is up to proper operating
temperature, needs to have been driven for 10+ mins. I think it'll
stop the engine regardless of load, even if that means it starts
automatically 10 seconds later. In move tend yards stop, few seconds,
move ten yards stop, few seconds, move ten yards stop, few seconds
traffic it'll stop the engine at every stop, assuming that engine
temp and air temp allow. For the latter situation it does have a
manual off switch, that defaults to on after switching the engine
off.

I've not had a stop start vehicle, but my brother has. He says he can't
work out when it's going to work or not. Think I'd like a warning light
when it is in operation. He can disable it, but it reverts to on at the
next switch on.

--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.