Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery 12.1v

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
I charge my car battery old school with croc clips on the terminals.
Nice big fat spark jumps when I make contact. Initial current to a flat
battery about 8A falling to a steady 6A as the terminal voltage rises.

Are you doing this with an old style charger switched on?

I've got several assorted chargers here. None spark when connected to the
battery. That's more what you get when jump starting from a vehicle which
has the engine running.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.