Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Mounting a mirror

On 14/12/2020 17:12, Fredxx wrote:
The mirror is approx 400 x 700mm and is 6mm thick with edge bevels that
reduced this to 3mm.

It has no mounting holes and I don't want to drill any.

I can get mirror corner mounts but these are designed for 6+mm glass,
and conscious the mirror will rattle around in them.

Is there a better way?

Place a piece of hardboard behind the mirror to make it thicker than
6mm. at the edges (and to keep it flat to the mounting wall

Place a bit of cardboard behind the corners of the mirror so that it is
a tight fit in the fixings. Stick some foam pads behind the corners of
the mirror so that it is a tight fit in the fixings.

Take a hammer to the fixings to make any grooves 3mm.

Put some clear silicone in the fixings before inserting the mirror.
Put some blutack in the fixings to stop the mirror rattling.