Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default How about this for a motherboard burn.

In article , Tim Streater
wrote:
On 14 Dec 2020 at 12:56:18 GMT, charles wrote:

In article , jon wrote:

This is a so-called refurbished Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop from
Amazon with a badly burnt Motherboard. It looks as if someone has
put a metallic object into the docking connector and melted the dual
P channel Mosfet PQ1303.

https://ibb.co/HXqVtzt

Years ago, I recall someone at TV Centre, plugging a mains live
connector into the video input of a TV monitor. After the first monitor
failed, he tried with two morem before somebody stopped him.

Plug compatible, was it?

The plug to the monitor was right - but the other end of the cable had
managed to get into an open mains socket. This was before the days of
shutter sockets everywhere

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England