Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Car battery 12.1v

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:59:01 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 14/12/2020 13:15, AnthonyL wrote:

Advice is to trickle charge it first but I haven't a charger and I don't
want to buy a charger *and* a battery.

If you'd been using a charger likely you wouldn't be needing a
replacement battery.

Yeah.
Having thought about, if my usage pattern stays the same I am going to
need a charger so if anyone has any recommendations....

I think it depends if you have the opportunity to keep it hooked up
all the time (maintenance charge) or would only be able to run it for
a short time in which case you might need something with a higher
charge output?

As a compromise, daughters diesel Transit Connect has had a Lidl
'Intelligent charger on it for a good few months now and every time we
have tried starting it, it's been on the button.

Personally I'm fond of the Optimate range of chargers (as they don't
need a button pressed like the Ctek / clones often do) but they aren't
cheap and would really only maintain a big car battery. The highest
output one I have is only 4A so potentially not enough if you have a
really low battery and a short charging time.

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products?tag=12V%20Chargers

https://www.ctek.com/uk/products/car

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Seller...tive/303655031

Cheers, T i m