Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Washing machine leaking slightly

On 05/12/2020 08:08, Jeff Layman wrote:

Every time I do a wash - which seems to be working fine - there is a
little puddle of water on the floor by the filtery thing at the bottom
right.

Machine is a curry's essential C510WM12 ...

I cant see if there is any kind of seal gone on the removable filter
thing at all and it doesn't seem to be a purchasable spare part...

any ideas?

I had a look at the manual online and it looks like just about any
other filter.

yup. I agree

What about temporarily sticking sellotape, duck tape, insulating tape,
etc where the filter plug meets the filter body. It should be enough
to seal it for a couple of washes. If you don't get water on the floor
that would suggest it's the fit between the plug and body.

It tightens up very 'hard' as if there was no rubber seal.

Maybe a tiny piece of grit preventing a perfect seal? If it still
leaks, then it's something else. Hairline crack in the plug or body?
Leak higher up which is running down the filter body, and so it just
looks like it's the filter itself which is leaking?

Good thoughts.

What should actually be in there? I had expected some kind of gauze, but
there is none.

Ours has very big holes on a horizontal plate. Anything smaller than a
5p would get through.