PoP

Default Electrical work for business

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:03:11 -0000, "Sparks" wrote:

I am not a qualified electrician, if I was to undertake simple electrical
work for a business, as long as it is done correctly, would there be a
problem with this?

The only real requirement is that any work undertaken is compliant
with the 16th edition wiring regulations - and even that is advisory
at present - a sparky can decide to do something different and if he
can justify it then he's not breaking any laws.

Main issue is whether you could face a judge in a courtroom and defend
what you've done. The prosecuting solicitor will be thumbing thru the
16th edition wiring regs as he is grilling you on the stand, so you'd
better have applied the regs.

Later this year (it was supposed to be April but that seems to be
slipping badly) it will become necessary to produce inspection
certificates for many electrical installation jobs, and many time
served electricians won't be able to do that as they won't have
C&G2391.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided
with my newsreader please be aware that the email
is processed with spamcop. As a result your email
to me might be treated as spam!