Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical
Buffalo[_3_] Buffalo[_3_] is offline

Default Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill

"Dimitris Tzortzakakis" wrote in message ...

Στις 15/11/2020 12:15 π.μ., ο/η Potrice *γραψε:
I have just bought a single fill washing machine and modified the water
input
by using a switched 3/4 inch switched tap splitter. I have to turn the
hot water on by hand, and when it's full turn it off and turn the cold
on.---
But I have noticed when it is filling it automatically switches from the
left hand fill in the soap dispenser, to the middle one. Meaning the two
solenoids (hot and cold) are still fitted and working.
All they've done is blank off the hot fitting and siamesed the two pipes
internally.
So all that would be need to make it dual fill would be
One pipe fitting and two bits of hose.

In Europe, all washing machinew have been and are cold fill. They all are
now computer controlled, with a microcontroller obviously, and a PCB, of
course. Why would you want to make it hot fill as you're not saving up
anything, here most houses have solar water heaters so hot water is
practically free, even with minimum sunshine in winter.it's also very usual
in Israel (in hebrew it's dud shemesh- דיד (שמש
in greek it's heliothermo-ηλιόθερμο. there are many types of cold fill
washing machines here. from 5 kilos up to 10 and with the usual universal
brushed motors for AC to brushless direct drive motors. traditionally they
had asynchronous motors with run capacitors and electromechanical
programmers. very durable.you could even take the motor for rewinding. now
the whole motor-tacho assembly must be exchanged if defective.

So, it seems that the common opinion is that body oil stains on
sheets,pillowcases, socks, underwear, etc and oil and grease stains in
clothes will come out cleaner with COLD than with HOT water?
I find that very hard to believe.
--
Buffalo