Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 30/11/2020 12:57, Andrew wrote:
On 30/11/2020 09:35, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Fredxx submitted this idea :
I'm sure there will be a diesel heater accessory sold as a range
extender which can use red diesel.

The diesel heater in my car will run quite happily on red or white
diesel, as will the engine. There is absolutely no difference between
the two, other than the colour and the duty charged.

Does it have its own separate tank though ?.

The VW411 fastback had a petrol-powered aux heater. They caused
some interesting moments.

Twin-engined piston-powered aircraft often have heaters that use avgas
(petrol with the more volatile fractions removed and more lead than
usual added). The procedures on how to use them need to be carefully
followed!