Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 30/11/2020 12:07, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:55:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Train tracks did not, but the huge speed and power advantage of a steam
engine over dobbin - either pulling a cart or pulling a barge - meant
there was a massive commercial pressure to build them. And, once built,
people wanted to travel in them. It was easier and quicker than a stage
coach.

You missed the intermediate step of canals - which meant the skillbase
for laying railway lines was already easily available.

Well the post ended up long enough already.
And canals were dobbin powered anyway.