Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another thing about electric cars

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
Someone had to pay for petrol stations too.

But people don't have to park in front of petrol pumps for extended
periods of time so the petrol stations don't also need to be car parks.

Just where does your car live at night?

Perhaps this can be an earner in towns for cash strapped councils. Only
allow charging stations to be installed in council run car parks where
"normal" parking charges apply.

There is no doubt some way will be needed to replace lost revenue from
fossil fuel taxes.

How is Elfin Safety going to cope with charging points on roads with
trip hazards from flying charging leads and with the insulation that may
not be up to scratch after a period of misuse?

Err, why would there be a trip hazard if there was a charging point on the
edge of the kerb outside your house? Do you trip over trees and lampposts,
etc?

--
*I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore I am perfect*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.