Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
on 29/11/2020, Dave Liquorice supposed :
The lamp
unit, identical to the lamp unit in the rear passenger compartment of
the FL, is Ford and from the Galaxy people carrier.

Manufactures collect ready made parts from a number of suppliers, so it
is common to find identical parts on several different models and ar
manufacturer's vehicles. Some suspension items from a Galaxy are common
to my Rover and much cheaper if purchased for the Ford.

Going back a great many years, the same Lucas starter motor was used in the
Mini and the Anglia. it was much cheaper to buy a from a Ford dealer.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England