Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 30/11/2020 00:05, Theo wrote:
williamwright wrote:
Good grief, what a palaver! My equivalent is: drive until the fuel gauge
reads about half way, start looking for a filling station, fill up.

If you have a small petrol car and do that, you end up doing much the same.
eg a fuel tank that's 6 gallons full to 'empty'. At say 40mpg that's
240 miles per tank, and if you start looking for fillups at halfway you're
doing it every 120 miles.

I've never owned a car that has done less than 300+ miles per tank of
petrol. Even when the empty light comes on there is usually another 50
miles in the tank. My current car will do 400+ miles on a tank (without
registering empty) at motorway speeds (plus a bit).