Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

williamwright wrote:
Good grief, what a palaver! My equivalent is: drive until the fuel gauge
reads about half way, start looking for a filling station, fill up.

If you have a small petrol car and do that, you end up doing much the same.
eg a fuel tank that's 6 gallons full to 'empty'. At say 40mpg that's
240 miles per tank, and if you start looking for fillups at halfway you're
doing it every 120 miles.

Planning it like an aeroplane journey indeed! What a load of arse!

I often end up setting the satnav to take me to a
Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury/Morrisons with filling station that's close to my route
and at the right distance for when I'd need to fill up (rather than paying
motorway services ripoff prices or driving around haphazardly looking for
stations). Even better if they have a cafe that's open. Cheap fuel,
toilets, reasonably priced food, the full supermarket offering if I want
something different, and possibly a more interesting town location.

That's not that different to what you'd do in an EV.
Satnavs handle it just fine.

Theo