Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

williamwright wrote:
On 29/11/2020 11:26, Fredxx wrote:
On 29/11/2020 05:00:17, williamwright wrote:
Presumably the battery capacity drops with age and usage. That's
another variable then. Dare I put the heater on? Shall I try to drive
without the headlamps on? etc etc.

I'm sure there will be a diesel heater accessory sold as a range
extender which can use red diesel.

Anything diesel can use red diesel. Some engines are designed to run on
paraffin.

There's no difference between 'red diesel' and 'diesel' except the
addition of a bit of dye.

Paraffin is a different beast.

Old/basic/simple diesel engines will run on almost anything, that's
one of their advantages, but modern diesel car engines are somewhat
fussier.

--
Chris Green
ยท