Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 29/11/2020 16:40, fred wrote:

I disagree. They should have planned a re-charge before their battery was too depleted, even if this meant stopping on the way up. I regularly do a trip which exceeds my battery capacity. I have located a charge point 75%of the journey on the out leg. At my destination I again have access to a choice of charge points which means if my first choice on the way up isn't available I can still manage the first leg of my journey. If all these choices are unavailable I can head for a near big city where there are multiple choices.
I've only ever once had a non functioning charge station. I did have to wait a short while on one other occasion when the fast charge point was occupied but I didn't have to wait too long and anyway could have started with an available slow charger if necessary. Max charge time on a fast charge is generally 45minutes after which a penalty kicks in so people do not tend to hog the charge point. 30 minutes fast charge gives me in excess of 100 miles. All it takes is a little planning not unlike making a journey in a small plane where you're going to masked bloody sure you have sufficient fuel AND a contingency plan

Good grief, what a palaver! My equivalent is: drive until the fuel gauge
reads about half way, start looking for a filling station, fill up.

Planning it like an aeroplane journey indeed! What a load of arse!

Bill