Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
fred explained on 29/11/2020 :
Also if embarking on a long journey research it first, establish the location
of charging stations and plot the route accordingly around all high power
charging stations and make allowance for any that may be occupied or not
working. A good app will tell you this. The low power ones are useless unless
you anticipate staying near one for a long period of time.

An unimaginable amount of guess work, hoping and planning for a
relatively trip, when compared to what I would need to do in my diesel.
In my diesel I just need to decide where I want to go and go, no
refuelling planning, whether I set off with a full or empty tank. If I
do need fuel, I am certain to find it day or night almost anywhere and
refuelling takes just minutes - no searching for stations, no finding
them closed, broken, or not compatible.

Without a doubt the charging network isnt €śup to speed€ť yet and its gonna
take some time. For many folk though, the vast majority of charging will
be done at home so the quality of the charging network isnt a major issue.
For these for (like myself) an EV makes an enormous amount of sense.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls