Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

mm0fmf used his keyboard to write :
A colleague who has a Tesla 3 makes use of the programmed heating whilst on
charge feature during the Winter. He has a 25mile commute so using the heater
on the way home is not an issue with a 300mile range car. But as it is on
charge overnight, he has it programmed to run the heater whilst still
connected. That means even though it is parked on his drive over night, when
he was ready to leave for work, it was already warm and any ice had melted.

I have a very efficient diesel, which needs lots of miles to get to
temperature, especially when it's cold. It is fitted with a diesel
burning 'night heater'. When it is really cold, I fire the heater up 20
minutes before setting off - engine and cabin are warmed, before I need
to get in to drive it.