Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default Another thing about electric cars

On 29/11/2020 05:00, williamwright wrote:
Presumably the battery capacity drops with age and usage. That's another
variable then. Dare I put the heater on? Shall I try to drive without
the headlamps on? etc etc.

Bill

Sensible electric car owners pick models with heated seats and heated
steering wheel as that is a small load and enables the heater to be used
less.

A colleague who has a Tesla 3 makes use of the programmed heating whilst
on charge feature during the Winter. He has a 25mile commute so using
the heater on the way home is not an issue with a 300mile range car. But
as it is on charge overnight, he has it programmed to run the heater
whilst still connected. That means even though it is parked on his drive
over night, when he was ready to leave for work, it was already warm and
any ice had melted.