Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 4:25:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:39:26 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2020 at 10:25:25 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Would I buy again? Hard to say. The Tundra seemed to be a much tougher
truck. The aluminum body on the Ford seems kinda thin in the bed.

My daughter just bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD. It says Off Road on the side,
so now she does sh!t like driving 160 miles on Rimrocker Trail just to get to
a free campsite in Moab (Utah).

When I lived in Vermont, I had a 4WD Ranger that said "Off Road" on
the side. My wife would get all over me for driving in snow storms. I
told her that it was an off-road truck and that I really could drive
it off road. It took a few times before it sunk in.

As long as the truck didn't sink in too! ;-)

I don't mind if she goes off road when there is no road, like in the
dunes or on the beach, I just don't want her going off *that* road.

The truck has a feature called Crawl Mode. It's for getting out of deep
sand or going over rocky terrain.

You put it in crawl road and then just steer. The computer decides
on which wheel(s) need power and how much.

There's a few pretty cool YouTubes out there showing it off. Unfortunately,
there's a couple of bad ones too. One guy kept going on and on how much
it sucked, proving it by getting stuck and having to be towed out. Then you
read the comments and see how many people called him an idiot for all the
things he did wrong, such as locking the rear end at the same time as he
was using Crawl mode.

HKnda like the bar maid who told be that she was going hunting bear.
OK... Couldn't pass that one up. After a half hour of her calling me
a chauvinist (hell, I just told her "I'd like to see that!"), I had to
remind her that there was more than one way of spelling "bear".

The road on the bottom right is the same road that she's on up top. There's
a bunch of really steep switchbacks that get you down there. 3 - 4 MPH max
in some spots.

https://i.imgur.com/Nrhgmeb.jpg

Her rig is on the left he

https://i.imgur.com/u1nMNFF.jpg

Cornish Hens and Stuffed squash for Thanksgiving.

https://i.imgur.com/P0rLiyr.jpg

She hung back to take this picture of her friends:

https://i.imgur.com/hebNQSF.jpg