John

Default Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes?

"Tommy & Megan Price" wrote in message
.. .
I subscribed to their newsgroup mostly to learn more about HVAC so that

when
the techs come to work on mine I won't think they are speaking Cantonese.
What I found was reply after reply of garbage. If they don't want people
posting questions about ACs and furnaces what is the point of the

newsgroup?
Spreading ways to screw home moaners as they call us? Sorry but I had to
vent after unsubscribing earlier from that newsgroup. No info just

buttheads
spouting off.

Granted, they can be grumpy..As they have said here, they feel it's their
own group..Now, if you ask questions the correct way, some of them will
offer help and most will tell you to ask here in alt.home.repair and then
they will help..They will not answer "how much will this cost" or "what's
wrong with this" as they know as professionals, they need to see it in
person. I don't blame them there, coming from an ex life as an automotive
shop manager I know better than to diagnose over the phone or computer, but
I also don't mind offering my opinion if someone asks.....Now, the way they
treat some folks over there is a bit much, and they say the group is
basically for professionals...It's very strange to me that if they do not
want "outsiders" in the group, then why not set up a "yahoogroup" or
something like that, and have one of them moderate it..When that is the
case, the moderator has to approve membership...Then they would not have to
deal with any outsiders, they would not have to wade thru home owner
questions and the unsuspecting homeowner would not have to be subjected to
their treatment...It takes no special software nor computer "know-how" to
set one up....Heck it would probably be easier for all HVAC guys and gals to
read it, as some internet providers have terrible newsgroup servers...
Just a suggestion guys/gals, I know you don't like the intrusions but Usenet
is public, and folks will always think it's there to share knowledge..
Just a thought and suggestion....
John