Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On 11/26/2020 1:05 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/26/2020 12:45 PM, marvin wrote:
I just got my 17 Grizzly saw this month and it says Taiwan.* It does
not seem to make much difference as this came out of an ISO9001 plant,
and that speaks very highly for quality control.* The saw was perfect
in all respects.* I could not be happier.

Don't confuse quality control with quality -- one can produce an
inferior product with a very tightly controlled process just as well as
a good one.* All ISO 9001 guarantees is the control of the process, not
the product design.

--

Take Ford for example.... I bought a 2019 F150 last year and it is a
really nice vehicle but it has had a number of issues. Stupid issues

Oil burner to the tune of about 2 quarts between oil changes until the
odometer hit about 14K. And probably as a result, valve clatter when
accelerating. That started at about 7500 miles.

Some where around the time the oil consumption went away, I put in a can
of top engine cleaner when I filled up with gas. Now the valve clatter
is gone.

And a few other items that the dealer fixed.