Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default toilet leak

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 21:43:43 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman posted for all of us to
digest...

Tekkieİ wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 16:21:51 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman posted for all
of us to digest...

One of our toilets has a slight leak into the bowl. The bathroom
is attached to the bedroom so during the night I hear the tank
fill itself back up very quickly. I have swapped flappers with
the other toilet and even bought two new flappers. The first
flapper was a Korky but my plumber friend said it was for other
model toilets and I needed a Universal type Korky for the
Universal - Rundle toilet in question. The toilet still leaks
despite the new flapper. Do I need to replace the flush valve
now? If so what do you suggest? Any gotchas to be wary of?

I would go to the plumbing supply store and get a genuine U/R
flapper, bowl gasket and brass tank bolts. Might want to get a new
supply hose too. Make sure the shutoff valve works before staring any
major work like removing the supply line or tank bolts.

I'm told Universal-Rundle is a very old brand and it's hard to find to
parts for it. Everyone I've spoken to recommended I give up on the
toilet. Nothing I can do will seal the flush valve screw to tank
junction enough to prevent water getting past the seal. I bought a new
toilet with dual flushing today for $89 and will install it tomorrow.

That's one way, it may be best. Choose carefully, everyone here has their
favorites. Don't get flushed

--
Tekkie