Jake

Default Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes?

Ya' know what, folks...

I've asked some pretty good questions and gotten some really good answers
from the people over at HVAC. Many times, the first reply will refer you
here, to the proper forum for homeowners asking questions.

The HVAC newsgroup was established for trades people who need to exchange
technical knowledge... and even BS once in a while. It is a true "community"
like Usenet founders intended.

Many of the very knowledgeable people there also try to watch this groups'
postings and, to my knowledge, give respectful and reasonable answers here.

BTW, I'm not in the HVAC trade... I'm an electrician and I'll add my two
cents worth here as well. If you check my postings you'll find that I try to
be informative with the knowledge I can offer... as many of the HVAC guys
do.... here. There are also at least a couple of very good electrical people
participating.

The problem arises when somebody posts into HVAC and asks a question that
belongs here.. then they get upset and (for a better term) "****y".

Trades people spent a lot of time and energy learning what they know, and
you must respect that. You must also respect that there are some things you
can do yourselves, and others which require the expertise of a pro. I know
when I mention the technical or safety aspects of attempting to do something
that really requires a professional's knowledge, some people accuse me of
trying to steer them toward a pro for monetary gain.

Come on now, none of us would be posting to the group if we didn't just want
to help... it'd be much easier to ignore everybody and go about our
business.

We're trying to promote an understanding of what you can do yourself and
what you can not.

Please take note of the advice... for it is not-for-profit.... just good
sense.

Jake

"m Ransley" wrote in message
If it said alt HVAC a Pro discussion group , it might be more
understandable but one there has nothing better to do and cant
understand everything changes. Aholes will be Aholes.